Truck Driver Job in Canada for Indian Citizens
Truck Driver Job in Canada for Indian Citizens
The world is slowly coming back to normal life after the Pandemic and many countries started opening their borders to welcome tourists, students, and workers. With the economy recovering every day, more and more jobs are getting available for professionals. So, if you are a qualified truck driver who is looking for better opportunities and would like to move to another country, we have great news for you.
The TSL job market in Canada is booming and the need for licensed truck drivers is increasing. Did you know that due to the aging Canadian population, the country will require 48,000 long-haul drivers by 2024?
Of course, it’s not an easy step to migrate to a new country and some might have doubts about that, so today we decided to answer the most frequently asked questions about the country of the Maple Syrup and working there as a truck driver.
Why Should I Work as a Truck Driver in Canada?
It’s a known fact that Canada is one of the most immigration-friendly countries with astonishing nature, secure neighborhoods, premium education, as well as world-class living, so if you think about moving to Canada as a truck driver, here is the list of unspeakable benefits that are waiting for you there.
- According to a survey, nowadays Canada posts more than 26,000 job offers for truck drivers all over the country making the process of obtaining visas much easier.
- Unlike in other countries, truck drivers in Canada don’t have to work 9-5, as the working hours here are pretty flexible and can be discussed with the employer.
- If you work more or have longer working hours, you can get higher compensation.
- The salary, as well as the number of benefits that truck drivers receive in Canada compared to other countries, is much higher.
- Everyone knows the beauty of Canada with its picturesque mountains, azure lakes, enormous fields, and being on road allows you to see it with your own eyes.
- After gaining experience working in Canada and learning useful tips in the truck industry, there is a high possibility to become a team driver or a team leader that allows you to manage a team of truck drivers.
What Documents are Required for Truck Drivers in Canada?
To be eligible to work in the country of Maple Syrup as a truck driver you should:
- be between 25 to 55 years old.
- have work experience of two years as a Truck Driver in a Gulf country.
- have Gulf country driving license.
- have an accident-free record.
- not have any police record for the last 5 years.
- have Senior secondary education.
- be proficient in either English or French, depending on the province or territory you are aiming to work in.
- have sufficient funds.
- endorse your application by a designated Canadian employer having a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued by the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
We know that it might sound complicated, that is why Vazir Group is here for you. Our professional specialists provide a helping hand throughout the whole relocation process. All you need to do is contact our office via email or simply call us and we will give you a detailed consultation as well as take care of your application.
Are you still hesitating about moving? Let’s check further.
Do I need a Job Offer to Migrate to Canada as a Transport Truck Driver?
There are 3 ways to migrate to Canada as a transport truck driver that include:
Express Entry Program where you have to score 449 points and above to be able to move without a Job Offer or the necessity to apply to Provincial Nomination.
If you score less than 449 points 2 other options include a Job Offer and Provincial Nomination.
Are There Any Special Immigration Programs for Truck Drivers?
Various programs open the doors to those who want to come to Canada as truck drivers and we shortlisted the top 4 for you:
- Provincial Nominee Program
The program is ideal for those who would like to choose the province based on personal preferences. As every PNP has its own criteria, it is important to select the one where you meet all the requirements. One more point that can’t be missed is the full-time job offer that should be received from the employer of the chosen province.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot
One more program that is opened for highly and intermediate-skilled foreign candidates is Atlantic Immigration Pilot. It allows you to work in Nova Scotia as well as in one of the three other Atlantic provinces including New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, or Prince Edward Island after receiving a job offer.
Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program
Ø have NOC 7511 which is a full-time permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer for transport truck drivers;
Ø have at least 1 year of work experience;
Ø are between 21 to 55 years old;
Ø have a high school diploma;
Ø have a valid driver’s license;
Ø proof of language ability equals to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 4;
Ø and have enough funds to successfully settle in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program is what you have been looking for. Being Atlantic Canada’s most populous and industrious province with Canada’s largest east coast port, there is an enormous amount of job offers for truck drivers.
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
This program is ideal for long-haul truck drivers. With this program, after working full time for 9 consecutive months for the same employer you will be eligible to apply for permanent residency. However, you should also meet some requirements, including but not limited to:
- receive Canadian Language Benchmark test level 4;
- have an appropriate driver’s license;
- prove that you can support yourself and dependents if you have any;
- be legal in Canada;
- have a salary that is in line with B.C. wage rates equals around $25 an hour;
- be on good terms with your employer that should be eligible to support your application by submitting a labor market impact assessment.
How Does Canadian Provincial Nominee Program Work?
As we mentioned earlier, various programs allow truck drivers to move and live in Canada, but what does it mean?
With any Canadian Provincial Nominee Program, you’ll be a Canadian Permanent Resident right from the start although you’ll be expected to live and work in the nominating province for two years. After those two years, you’ll be free to live and work anywhere in Canada. One of the most popular provinces for truck drivers is Ontario. Having one of the strongest economies in Canada, Ontario offers Provincial Nomination to transport truck drivers without the need for a formal job offer making the relocating process even easier.
What Are the Steps of Migrating to Canada as a Truck Driver?
Of course, moving to a new country can be scary and stressful but no need to worry as Vazir Group is here to rescue you. For those who are looking to move to Canada as a truck driver, several steps should be done.
First of all, our specialists will check all your documents and eligibility to apply for Express Entry Program. What does it mean?
The Express Entry Program is based on the points received by the applicant and here even a tiny detail matter. For example, as we mentioned above, one of the criteria is the educational certificates that should be verified by an Educational Credential Assessment. Besides, you should be able to pass one of the language proficiency exams either in English or French to score the required points. When these and other documents are ready, we can submit your documents to participate in the Express Entry pool. Higher Comprehensive Ranking allows you faster to receive an Invitation-to apply (or ITA) from Immigration and Citizenship Canada. Once you receive your ITA you can apply for Permanent Residence and move to Canada.
What Are the Requirements to Receive ITA?
ITA or an Invitation-to-apply is received by the candidates who have a good Comprehensive Ranking. What does it mean?
A perfect Comprehensive Ranking Score is 1200 points. Those who would like to migrate to Canada as a Truck Driver should score above 449 CRS Points. Meaning that if you score 449 points and above you have a good chance to migrate to Canada without a Job Offer or the necessity to apply to Provincial Nomination.
However, if you scored less than 449 points, don’t give up as you can apply to Provincial Nomination or get a job offer in Canada as a transport truck driver. Also, you can try to improve your points by, for example, retaking an English or French proficiency test.
What are the benefits of Me moving to Canada as a Truck driver?
Canada is the perfect place to start a whole new life. If you decide to move to this beautiful country, you and your family will get so many wonderful advantages that include:
- access to free healthcare for you and your family.
- opportunity for your children to receive a world-class education.
- possibility after 4 years living in Canada to acquire a Canadian passport and Dual Nationality.
- enjoy traveling to many countries visa-free that come together with obtaining a Canadian passport.
- have access to various social benefits.
- receive protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
So, as you see there are enormous opportunities for truck drivers to get a job and migrate to this beautiful country. As the leading immigration consultancy in the UAE and India, Vazir Group specialists are happy to provide you with any required information on immigration for truck drivers. Contact us and we will make sure that the whole process from beginning to end is smooth and stress-free.