Settle With Your Family In Canada
SETTLE WITH YOUR FAMILY IN CANADA
If you are a Canadian permanent resident or citizen with a family member who wants to immigrate to Canada, you may be able to help them become a permanent resident through the Family Class Sponsorship Program.
The Family Class Sponsorship Program reunites families by enabling adult permanent residents or citizens to sponsor a relative for immigration to Canada. To be eligible, the person seeking sponsorship must be a:
• Spouse, common-law or conjugal partner.
• Dependent child (under the age of 21).
• Sibling, niece, nephew, uncle, aunt, grandchild or other close relatives.
Individuals under these categories are eligible for sponsorship:
• Spouse – legally marriage in country of origin.
• Common law partner: At leasr 1 year of uninterrupted cohabitation in a conjugal relationship.
• Conjugal partner: Conjugal relationship for at least 12 months.
DEPENDENT CHILD SPONSORSHIP
A child of the sponsor, or a child of the sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner, can be considered a dependent child if they are under the age of 21 and don’t have a spouse of common-law partner of their own. Children over age 21 can be dependents if they relied on their parents for financial support and are unable to financially support themselves due to a mental or physical condition.
WHO CAN SPONSOR
A sponsor must be an adult Canadian permanent resident or citizen over the age of 18. A sponsor must reside in Canada, unless they are a citizen currently living abroad and planning to reside in Canada once the sponsored individual arrives.
• Background documentation;
• Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate;
• Other proof of relationship;
• Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances (you do not need to demonstrate a minimum amount of income to sponsor your dependents. However, you must sign an undertaking, in which you promise to provide financial support for the basic needs of your sponsored family member);
• Completed application & consulate fees.
It should take roughly 3 months after submission of all the paperwork for the interview to be held at the embassy of Canada where the dependent resides. They can take longer depending on the nature of your case. After this, it is more or less waiting for the visa to be stamped on the passport.
The Government of Canada understands that families wish to be together. And although the application processing has been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic, new measures have been announced by IRCC to help reduce those block clogs.
Canada is seeking to process 6,000 spousal sponsorship applications each month from October to December 2020. IRCC has increased the number of staff that will review the applications by 66 percent and is accelerating the approval of spousal applications while also finding new Canadian citizens and permanent residents looking to sponsor their dependents.
Relocating your family to Canada is a sensitive task and Vazir Group has the expertise to help you apply with confidence. With so many immigration requirements, the process becomes so complex, time-consuming and difficult to wrap your head around. With strict deadlines, procedures and requirements it can be easy to make a mistake that could cost you your chance to immigrate and get greater employment opportunities. This is why seeking help with immigration consultants are so vital.
At Vazir Group, our consultants are ready to evaluate your eligibility, review all documentation and submit all these documents on your behalf. With our vast knowledge of how to immigrate to Canada, we can offer you the guidance and assistance that you will need for the successful application.
For more information on how to immigrate to Canada and to begin your application process, contact us on:
T: +971 4 243 8581
27th Floor, The Oberoi Centre, Business Bay P.O Box 115091, Dubai, UAE