Canada immigration from India
Canada immigration from India
Covid-19 undoubtedly brought changes to people’s lives. Many started looking for possibilities to migrate to other countries for better opportunities and Canada remains top in this list, especially among Indian nationals. One of the reasons for moving to the Country of Maple Syrup is that receiving a Canadian work permit in 2021 became easier. Recently we have been receiving a lot of questions regarding migrating to Canada from India and today we would like to answer the 10 most frequently asked ones. If your questions are not on this list, contact us and our professional consultants will be glad to assist you.
1. Is It Still Worth Migrating to Canada from India?
Canada is an ideal place to live, work, and migrate to. As a Canadian permanent resident, you will get wonderful advantages of living in this beautiful country, including:
• Free healthcare for you and your family;
• Costless education up to college or university level;
• Possibility to acquire a Canadian passport after living 3 out of 5 years in Canada;
• Canadian passport allows you to travel to 23 additional countries alongside your current visa-free travel;
• The absence of tax on global income meaning you can earn more for your work;
• As dual citizenship is allowed in Canada, you can keep your current Indian passport;
• Wide variety of social service benefits;
• An abundance of job opportunities for qualified workers in such areas as STEM-related fields and healthcare, manufacturing, food, retail, construction, education, warehousing, and transportation sectors.
• Canada ranks 6th in the 2020 Global Peace Index released by the Institute for Economics and Peacemaking it is one of the safest countries in the world.
Government of Canada’s Immigration Levels Plan for 2021-2023. Canada aims to welcome 401,000 new permanent residents in 2021, 411,000 in 2022, and 421,000 in 2023. Besides, more opportunities are on the way with the Canadian government plan to welcome 1,233,000 new permanent residents in 2021-2023 years to help propel an economic recovery after the impact of the Pandemic.
2. What Is the Best Way to Immigrate to Canada from India?
Canada's immigration process is designed in a way that opens various opportunities for Indians to move to Canada. There are more than 80 immigration programs, but here are the most popular ones among Indian nationals:
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program or Express Entry. This system is divided into 3 federal immigration programs, such as Federal Skilled Traders (FST), Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), and Canadian Experience Class (CEC). The program is ideal for those who want to immigrate to Canada as skilled workers as FSWP is based on points. Those who reach the highest points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) will receive an invitation to submit a full application and process the payment. One of the advantages is that the candidates are allowed to apply together with their spouse/partner and dependent children.
2. Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSP) is a special program operated by the Quebec province. Similar to Express Entry, candidates are ranked based on the points system allowing shortlisted candidates to move with the application process.
3. Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) allow each of Canada’s 10 provinces and 3 territories to implement their own immigration programs and grant more Indian nationals opportunities to move to Canada and receive permanent residence. In case you are eligible, you will receive the nomination and can apply to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for your PR.
4. Those who have lived in Canada for more than 1 year and have valid Canadian Work Experience, can apply to the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). This program allows skilled workers with temporary resident visas to convert it to permanent residency.
5. Indian students coming to Canada have an amazing chance to obtain their permanent residence firstly by coming under a Study Permit and Student visa, then applying for a Post-graduation Work Permit, and at the end, if they want to become permanent residents, apply to the Express Entry Program.
6. Business Immigration or a Start-up Visa Program allows young and innovative entrepreneurs to migrate to Canada and join Canadian private sector businesses as angel investor groups with an investment of at least $75,000 into the qualifying business or with 2 or more investments from angel investor group totaling $75,000, venture capital funds with at least $200,000 investment or business incubators.
7. Canada has always been promoting family reunification, so Family Sponsorship Program helps to reunite family members. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are allowed to sponsor their parents, grandparents, spouses, children, and other dependents.
3. Can I Migrate to Canada from India Without a Job Offer?
Yes, you can and there are several options. Express Entry Programs are a point-based system meaning that to be eligible for the CPR you should get a required number of points and enter the Express Entry pool. If shortlisted, you can proceed with the application. One more option is Provincial Nominee Programs, including Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (OINP), Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee Program (SINP), and Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NSPNP). If you are applying for Investor or Family Sponsorship Visas, you don’t require a job offer as well.
4. What Are the Eligibility Requirements For the Start-Up Visa Candidate?
The basic candidate eligibility requirements are:
1. Proficiency in English or French at minimum Canadian Language Benchmark level 5.
2. Based on the investment option, sufficient available, and transferable settlement funds.
3. Qualifying business.
4. Commitment Certificate and Letter of Support from a designated entity.
5. How Does Family Sponsorship Program Work?
Any Indian candidate whose family member is a permanent Canadian resident or citizen can apply for Family Sponsorship Program. According to the law, a permanent resident or citizen can sponsor:
• Dependent children
• Common-Law partner
• Conjugal partner
• Parents and grandparents
• Brothers/sisters, nephews/nieces, granddaughters/grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age, and not married or in a common-law relationship
• Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner, and dependent children).
And if you are a sponsor, you:
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Should sign a sponsorship agreement together with the sponsored relative stated that you will provide financial support for your relative, if necessary. Additionally, it can also state that after the person becomes a permanent resident, he or she will make every effort to support her or himself.
• Must provide financial support for a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner for 3 years from the date they become a permanent resident.
• Must provide financial support for a dependent child for 10 years, or until the child turns 25, whichever comes first.
6. What Is the Immigration Process From India?
Before applying to any Canadian immigration program from India, you should:
• Step 1: Check your eligibility for the program.
• Step 2: Gather all the mandatory documents, such as:
• Get your ECA (Education Credentials Assessment);
• Complete your language test and get the required score;
• Step 3: Create an Express Entry Profile with all the necessary information and required details.
• Step 4: Submit your profile in the Express Entry Pool.
• Step 5: Wait to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
• Step 6: Complete the process, pay the fees, and undergo mandatory medical and criminal background checks.
7. Who Is Eligible to Apply to Canada?
Depending on the program, the necessary criteria can differ, however, Canadian immigration officials will typically assess migration applications based on:
• Educational and professional profile;
• IELTS score or French language skills, depending on the province or territory you are willing to migrate to;
• References & legal documentation;
• Canadian employment documentation.
To be eligible to study in Canada, you should:
• have been accepted by a school, college, university, or other educational institution in Canada;
• have proof of sufficient funds to pay for the tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation;
• have no criminal records;
• are in good health and willing to complete a medical examination;
• have all necessary documents required by the educational establishment.
8. What Is The Maximum Age to Immigrate to Canada?
Fortunately, the official website of the Government of Canada does not have any specific age limit to apply for CPR. However, if you are migrating to Canada from India the age that helps you to get points is 46 years. Those who are above this age, will not score any points under the age criteria in the Express Entry program, so as a result, will get a lower CRS score. The good news is that this can be replaced by scoring higher on such factors as skills, language proficiency, job offer, education, etc. These factors can help you to get the required eligibility score to apply for immigration to Canada from India.
9. Can I Change My Temporary Residence to Permanent?
Yes, and this is one of the trending options now for those who for some reasons are not qualified for permanent residence while applying from India. If you work as a temporary resident in Canada, this time counts towards a permanent application. Work permits are issued through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, International Mobility Program, and International Experience Canada Program
10. What Jobs Are In Trend Now for Indian Nationals in Canada?
Actually, there are a lot of job opportunities for Indians in Canada. If you want to receive a Canadian work permit from India, keep in mind that nowadays the highest demand is for nurses, truck drivers, and IT specialists.
As we mentioned above, Canada has a free healthcare system, and its hospitals are in constant need of new staff giving opportunities to Indian nurses to migrate to Canada and expect high salaries as well as good social backup. The need for registered nurses in Canada has become even greater due to the COVID-19 pandemic, especially in such cities as Toronto, Ontario, Vancouver, and Calgary.
Experienced professional truck drivers will find it easy to get a well-paid job in North America, however, if you are looking to move to Canada, you should possess a required international driver’s license.
If you are a professional IT expert there are plenty of amazing opportunities. Choose your path, select a city you would like to live in, find the best job and prosper. Currently, specialists in programming, development, systems design, analytics, project management, and e-commerce are highly needed.
If you have any questions about the immigration process, Vazir Group’s specialists can help you with the whole process. Thanks to our seamless immigration programs for skilled workers, you can receive a positive decision in less than 12 months.
For any assistance, visit us in our 2 offices in India:
Delhi: Vazir Immigration Services, 16 A Palam Marg Vasant Vihar opposite Malai Mandir, New Delhi 110057. T: +91 9311619005
Chandigarh: Vazir Immigration Services, Office 402, 4th floor, Elante Corporate office Suits, Plot No. 178-178A, Chandigarh. T: +91 8699991145